In November, the City Council passed Ordinance 453 amending Code Chapters 8 and 15 addressing trash pick-up regulations. The Council considered that underground containers often can’t be repaired or replaced, and amended the Code accordingly. These changes are currently in effect.
· Trash containers may be kept above ground, within the residential building, or outside, if properly screened from public view.
· All containers continue to be required to be watertight with tight fitted covers.
· Trash containers shall be accessible for collection from the backyard or side yard on the designated collection days, without the necessity of unlocking a door, fence, gate, or similar obstacle. Containers shall be screened from public view from the adjacent right-of-way or neighboring property.
· Vegetative waste may be placed at the curb at noon on Sunday for Monday pick-up. Bulk may be placed curbside at 5 p.m. Sunday for Monday pick-up, with the exception of the first Sunday of the month, when it may be placed curbside at noon. Otherwise, all such waste and trash shall be screened from public view from the right-of-way adjacent to the front yard.
· Recycling containers shall be placed by the underground containers or with the above ground containers in the back or side yard and properly screened from public view.
· Screening may consist of obstructed view behind the residence, screening material, or hedge.