Per Palm Beach County’s guidelines, included below, certain elements of Atlantis’s parks will reopen on April 29th, normal hours:
Sunset Park The tennis courts will open for singles play. The walking path will be open.
Kintz Park The tennis/pickleball courts will be open for singles play. The basketball court will be open for individual practice. The playground, splash pad, pavilion and restroom will remain closed.
PUBLIC PARKS AND NATURAL AREAS REOPENING GUIDELINES
A. Public parks and natural areas reopening guidelines:
1. Public county and municipal parks, and natural areas, with the exception of beach parks, in Palm Beach County shall reopen provided that CDC Guidelines, including all social distancing guidelines, are adhered to.
2. Police, park rangers, and designated staff shall patrol parks and monitor and ensure compliance with physical distancing guidelines.
3. Parks shall follow CDC Guidelines to keep open facilities clean and sanitized. Restroom availability may be limited.
4. Park hours shall be sunrise to sunset unless further modified by appropriate authorities.
5. Natural areas, trails, jogging paths (one-way, unidirectional) are only open for walking, running, strolling, biking, and equestrian riding, where otherwise allowed.
6. Other available amenities such as fishing, canoeing/kayaking, fresh water boat ramps, water skiing, wake boarding, disc golf, canoe, kayak and bicycle rental, are permitted as long as CDC Guidelines, including, but not limited to, social distancing are practiced.
B. Restriction of recreational activities in public parks and natural areas:
1. All park playgrounds, play & exercise equipment shall remain closed.
2. Picnic pavilions shall remain closed.
3. Use of water fountains is prohibited.
4. Basketball courts shall be open for individual practice only. Only three (3) players per half court shall be allowed. Competitive team games are prohibited. Each player must bring his/her basketball and there shall be no shared use of equipment.
5. Tennis and pickle ball courts shall be open for singles play only.
6. Racquetball courts shall be open for individual practice only. Competitive games are prohibited.
7. Dog parks shall remain closed.
8. Indoor events are prohibited. Recreation buildings and gymnasiums shall remain closed.
9. Campgrounds shall remain closed.
10. Skate parks shall remain closed.
11. Field sports are prohibited.
12. Recreational programming, organized sports, or activities are prohibited.
13. Congregating in groups of 10 or more persons is prohibited.
14. Use of shared sports equipment is prohibited.
15. Spectator events are prohibited.
16. Food and beverage concessions are prohibited.