Ordinances to Remember
The Code of Ordinances covers a lot of information that may not be the easiest to casually read. We've highlighted some of the important sections that you should remember:
- Anyone planning renovation of their residence should contact the City Building Official to be certain that the contractor is properly licensed.
- Children under driving age are not permitted to drive golf carts on the public streets even if accompanied by adults. Incidentally, your homeowners insurance does not cover golf cart owners for accidents on public streets unless going to and from the golf course. Go carts and motor bikes are not permitted on the streets at any time.
- Construction or repairing of buildings is allowed between the hours of 7:30 am and 6 pm, Monday through Saturday. No work is permitted on Sunday.
- Dogs and cats are not permitted on either golf course, which is private property.
- Dogs and cats must be kept on a leash, maximum length 6' and be under the control of their owner at all times. Owners are responsible for removing defecation when walking their animals.
- Fishing is permitted by Ordinance for residents and guests in designated areas only.
- Joggers are not permitted on either golf course.
- No golf carts are permitted on the public streets at night.
- No person shall cause or permit the water sprinkler system to spray onto the City streets to the extent that it interferes with the safety of pedestrians or motorists or to the extent that it causes damage to the City streets.
- Recreational vehicles are only allowed within the City for a period of 24 hours, for the purpose of loading and unloading.
- Residents are not permitted on the Atlantis Golf Club Course for any reason unless they are members or guests. The mere fact that your residence backs up to the course in no way gives you or your children permission to trespass.
Code of Ordinances
View the full Code of Ordinances online.