One of the things that attracts people to Atlantis is its appearance. Our residents and staff take great pride in keeping the City beautiful, and our minimum property standards help to maintain those standards.
Section 4-61 of Code of Ordinances
Maintenance and appearance standards for all structures.
- The owner and/or manager of all real property within the City shall maintain the exterior of the premises in such a manner to conform with all City codes and ordinances to avoid blighting influence on neighboring properties, and to avoid the creation of hazard to public health, safety and welfare.
Properties shall be maintained in accordance with the following standards:
- The exterior of all premises and every structure thereon, including all parts of the structure and appurtenances where exposed to public view, shall not show evidence of deterioration, wreathing, discoloration, ripping, tearing or other holes or breaks. All screened enclosures shall be properly fitted and maintained. All other surfaces shall be maintained free of broken glass, crumbling stone, brick or stucco, or other conditions reflective of deterioration or inadequate maintenance.
- All surfaces requiring paint or which are otherwise protected from the elements shall be kept painted or protected. Painted surfaces shall be maintained free of graffiti, and with uniform colors, void of any evidence of deterioration.
- All off-street parking spaces shall be asphalt, concrete or block and be smooth-surfaced and in good repair, in compliance with City codes.
- Only one principal color may be used on each structure, excluding those used in accent architectural features and/or trim. Architectural Review Committee approval is required for exterior painting.
- Only the following roofing materials are allowed: (a) Concrete tiles; (b) Barrel tiles; (c) Cedar shake shingles; (d) Standing seam, interlocking shingle and faux clay metal.
- The entire yard where exposed to public view must be landscaped. Height of trees, hedges, etc. shall conform to all applicable City ordinances. Play areas, gardens, flower beds, drive ways, walks, etc., not intended to have a vegetative cover should be clearly defined and maintained free of uncultivated growth. Dead vegetation and trees must be removed.
Other violations that can result in a citation include renting a home without a Local Business Tax Registration or advertising short-term rentals; doing work on a home or property without a permit; and delaying construction. View the complete Code of Ordinances.
When a Notice of Violation is issued, the owner has 10 days to correct the violation, or a Notice of Hearing is issued for the next Code Enforcement Special Magistrate Hearing. Hearings are held on the Tuesday following the City Council meeting, held on the 3rd Wednesdays of each month.
To report a possible violation, call the Police Department at 561-965-1700.
- 9:30 a.m.
- Tuesday after the 3rd Wednesday of a month
- City Council Chambers
260 Orange Tree Drive
Atlantis, FL 33462