- Building Department
Business Tax Receipts / Residential Rentals
Please contact City Hall at 561-965-1744 for Tax Receipt forms.
Business Tax Receipt
Companies doing business in Atlantis are required to register with the City prior to starting work. Licenses are renewed each year on October 1. Documents required with the completed Business Tax Registration form are:
- Certificate of Competency (Contractors)
- County License
- Proof of Liability and Workers Comp insurance
- State License (if applicable)
Local Business Tax Receipt
A local business tax receipt is required for all businesses located within the city and home businesses. Licenses are renewed each year on October 1. Documents required with the Local Business Tax Receipt application are:
- Affidavit for Home Business Tax Receipt (f applicable)
- Certificate of Insurance
- Copy of current Business and Professional Regulation Registration or Certification (when applicable)
- Palm Beach County Local Business Tax
Residential Rental Business Tax Receipt
A local business tax receipt is required for anyone wishing to rent their home. Licenses are renewed each year on October 1. An Affidavit for Residential Business Tax Receipt must be submitted with the Local Business Tax Receipt application.
The conditions for a residential rental are:
- No rentals for less than one month at a time. Rentals of less than a month constitute a commercial use and are prohibited.
- No more than three rentals are permitted per business tax year, which runs from October 1 through September 30.
- Should the property be subject to the homeowner's association or condominium covenants for the rental of the residence, those rules apply in addition to the City Code.
- Lease(s) are to be provided to the City upon request.